Skip to main content

2017 Fall Decor Tour

I've made several trips to the GoodWill stores in our area, and have found some great bargains that I will share with you.  My intention was to use neutral colors  in my fall decor and not so much orange, but the orange creeped in anyway.  Today, I'm sharing my fall home tour.  We will start at the front door.  This wreath already had some of the items painted in the light blue which matched the door. I made and added the mesh bow.



 (This was bought at GW for around $4).






This metal tray was around 4 dollars prior to the discount, and I knew it would look good on the coffee table and having a low profile would not impede seeing the t.v.  I stopped at two rustic items stores, and found the small stuffed green and orange pumpkins.  The white ones are real, and the burlap ones are from the Dollar Tree last year.  I found the antler at the GoodWill that had the tray, and the cotton stalk was in the same store as the pumpkins.

I added a a couple of faux tea lights to the mix.  I like having natural items in the tray.  Another thing I was happy to find was real bittersweet.

It was around $5 for the stems inside the pottery.  The ring around the top is faux and I've had it a long time.


Last week I found these 2 runners for less than $5.

I was thrilled to find this shutter and hen pictures.




Then this week I found this matching plate.

I found the 2 chicken pictures and the shutter last week, and the heart shaped topiary, today.

These three matching flower arrangements were less than a dollar with discount, and I knew they would fit perfectly in this tray.

There were three of these large cloths.  They were marked as napkins, but they are much larger than napkins, and were the perfect colors.


The mantel got a new look.

View from the sofa.

I moved the large arrangement to the dining table from the living room.  It's been all over the house!

Tea cart

Fall items were added to the ceramic dough bowl.

This arrangement began in poor shape, but I kept adding this and that until I was satisfied with it.

The picture of the birds was around $4.00.  It works perfectly in the sun room.


More views from the sun room.

An arrangement I made using a frappe bottle, and items from Wal Mart.

Side table in the breakfast nook.

(above)
In the foyer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(below)
In the living room.

My brother gave me this old truck.  Pumpkins in the back!


Sharing here:
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather @ Shabby Art Boutique
Sunday’s at Home @ My Soulful Home 
Tuesdays at our home @ Our home away from home
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen