Skip to main content

Thrifty Bedding Find

Recently, my daughter, granddaughter and I went to the Hens Nest Consignment shop and did we ever find great bargains.

She found a white duvet and shams, Queen/King for $35.00, and I found a quilt with matching shams for $33.00!  She bought a most unusual table/shelf made from old doors, that I will share with you soon.

But first, here is the pattern of the bedding I bought.



It will be suitable year round, and I am using it in the guest room.  I had been on the lookout for bedding for this room for a while.  So I grabbed this up!  I love the colors, and it is in a taupe room.  I considered moving the picture over the bed out of the room, but decided to let it stay.  The frame is actually a window frame from my grandmother's house, and I love having it in the room, so it will stay.






I added the green vases to the dresser, to bring in a little more green.  These vases are from Kirkland's and were originally a dark brown, then aqua, now green. Spray paint is my friend!!


I placed the magnolia on the bird stand beside the bed to tie in with the magnolia in the picture above the bed. This candle holder is from Kirkland's several years ago



I decided to use the paper white floral arrangement because it just seemed to look good here.









This chair is a consignment find from way back.  I paid $10 for it.  
The pillow is from the same consignment shop as the bedding, but I've had it for a year or so.  I now have a whole new look for $33.00.  My kind of thrifty décor!!  You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a new look in your home.  Check out the consigment shops.  You never know what you will find!


Sharing here:

Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm


Don't be shy, leave a comment below and let me know what you think.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...