I use pastels in the sunroom. The furniture is all white, and I mainly use pink and green, but have added some blues/aqua as well. The dark hunter green cushions in the chaise lounge just wasn't cutting it. I had run across a very old sheet the other day. So I cut it into one large piece, and one small, wrapped the cushions with it, and pinned it on. One day when I feel especially industrious, I will cut to fit, and sew it into slip covers for the cushions. Anyway, the lightened up version looks like this.
(BEFORE) with hunter green.

You can tell by the wrinkles that I had to "try it out"!
I recently dragged out these old sheers with the pink and green embroideried flowers and hung them in the sun room.
The crocheted table cloth was a $15.00 Queen of Hearts find a while ago!
You can make a quick change by using old linens to update cushions, etc. I like the difference this made in this room. No more hunter green!! UGH, except for the mat in this picture. Gotta change that too.
P.S.: Changed the mat.....flipped it over to the white side, viola! New look for the picture!
Now the mat and frame on the large picture, match those of the small picture!!
(Picture above is a gift from my sweet friend, Sheila).
Much, much better!
I significantly changed the look of this room without spending a nickel!
Y'all know how happy that makes me!
Sharing here:
Creative Bloggers Party @ Homemaker on a Dime
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Motivate Me Monday
@ Keeping
It Simple
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Show Me What You Got @ Our
Delightful Home
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal
Charm
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy
Little House
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A
Stroll Thru Life
I really like the cushion cover. Much better for the sun room.
ReplyDeleteLove your chaise! and the pillow is so bright and cheerful. I would spend all my time out there.
ReplyDeleteYour changes look so fresh and pretty. I'm always trying to lighten things up as well.
ReplyDeleteMary Alice
Good idea to use that sheet, it really livened up the space!!! And how easy to wash it when its soiled.....so glad you got to try it out!!! That's what the porch is for......!!!
ReplyDelete