Skip to main content

Primping and Tweaking Vignettes

I showed you this sweet bird cage/cloche I found at Queen of Hearts Antiques.  I had originally placed it in the sun room.  This morning I was cleaning and dusting, and decided to move a few things around.  So simple, but it can have a great impact on your decor.  

I moved the birdcage to the living room near the frenchy wire basket I bought last weekend.



I changed the succulent plant for this flower pot and bird.






As usual, when you move one thing, it starts a chain reaction.


This potted grass got moved to the entry table.


(ten dollar consignment find)


This cupid bowl with roses was moved to the book case.


This piece gets moved around quite frequently.  I've had it a very long time, but don't remember where I bought it from.



The tray on the coffee table got an update too.


I purchased the greenery in the tray on clearance at Michael's on Friday.  Here you again see the sweet wooden candleholder I found at Queen of Hearts.





You won't be surprised that since I started this post, I've changed the above vignette to this:





Just another day at Shadymont.

Joining:

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage








Comments

  1. I only rearrange things four times a year...otherwise,I'd drive hubby crazy!!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty, Kathy! Now I need to do that if I could get my lazy self out of this chair! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,
    I love the style of your home. It's so pretty and fresh with so many lovely vingettes. Thanks for always sharing.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks very pretty. I do the same thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vignettes are all so lovely and I just adore your birdcage cloche. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lookin' good, Kathy! Love that wire cloche, too.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the birdcage cloche and I think those faux succulents now days are really realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a real talent for decorating. Everything looks wonderful. We have been bombarded with dr. appts. but we are loving our home and getting to know the area.

    I hope you enjoy the weekend. Hope we get cooler temps SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cha-cha-changes. They make the world go round! I have that same wire bird cloche and I love it. I like your new changes. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. It just is so much fun to move things around in our home! Love the wire bird cloche - so sweet! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...