While browsing the antique store the other day, I saw this oval frame collage.
I couldn't find a price on it, but knew that I could make my own out of items I already had. I gathered some foam board, and various papers and embellishments together and proceeded to create my own framed collage. I laid the frame down on the foam board, drew around the inside of the frame, and used a utility knife to cut out the foam board.
Next, I just started placing bits and pieces of the items I had gathered together into the frame.
Below is my finished project. I used more color than the inspiration piece. I have used these strips with musical notes on them for several crafts. I made them by printing sheet music off the computer, and cutting it into strips. Some of the fowers are Wallies, and the daisies are embellishments from Michael's. The letters spelling FLEURS are also from Michael's.
This craft cost very little. I would estimate having maybe two or three dollars in it, counting the items bought at Michaels. I already had all the items on hand. This craft would be fun for children.
I couldn't find a price on it, but knew that I could make my own out of items I already had. I gathered some foam board, and various papers and embellishments together and proceeded to create my own framed collage. I laid the frame down on the foam board, drew around the inside of the frame, and used a utility knife to cut out the foam board.
Next, I just started placing bits and pieces of the items I had gathered together into the frame.
Below is my finished project. I used more color than the inspiration piece. I have used these strips with musical notes on them for several crafts. I made them by printing sheet music off the computer, and cutting it into strips. Some of the fowers are Wallies, and the daisies are embellishments from Michael's. The letters spelling FLEURS are also from Michael's.
I bought the frame at a yard sale last summer for very little, and painted it white.
I hung the collage in the guest bath.
This craft cost very little. I would estimate having maybe two or three dollars in it, counting the items bought at Michaels. I already had all the items on hand. This craft would be fun for children.
I will join the following parties:
Show Me What You Got
@ Our Delightful Home
Hi Kathy,
ReplyDeleteI just love your tray and the collage. Really eye catching. So glad to see you are back to blogger comments. I wasn't able to leave you a comment through google+ and you had become a no reply blogger so I was missing getting to say hello!
Liz
Love it and that it is more personal then one you would have bought. I love the oval frame, so now I'm on the lookout for one!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea and I love how yours turned out. So creative. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!! Love it!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Deb
You did a lovely job, you are so talented my friend! Terrific idea, I love it! Thanks for your visit.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
FABBY