Skip to main content

Move This, Move That!!

For several weeks we have been in the process of moving around furniture in our bedrooms.  When hubby and I got married, he had a king-size bedroom suit and even though mine was a queen size, I didn't want to switch to the king because mine was so new.  Hubby let his son and daughter in law use his rather than move it here.  It is sooooo heavy!!  Fast forward 7 years, and we re-inherited the king-size furniture due to his son getting a divorce.  He will be working in various states, and the company he works for rents homes for their crew so he will be on the move, and needed to really pare down his possessions.  

So about 3 weeks ago, we began moving things around so we could take the king-size furniture.  I had odds and ends in the guest bedroom, so a rocker, night stand and a few small pieces were taken upstairs to the bonus room/playroom.  We then took that bed apart, and stored it in the basement, took the armoire to the lake for the t.v. there, etc.  We pulled, and we stretched, and we huffed and we puffed, and we may have even gotten a little bit ill with each other.....just sayin'!  Oh, and I may have fallen trying to get the armoire on hand trucks to load it on the pickup for its trip to the lake.
ANYWAY.....
Here is the guest room before:



Here it is today with the queen-size furniture previously in the master:



Due to the size of the room, I was unable to arrange the furniture like I wanted it, but it's still nice to have a matching set in the guest room.

This is a photo of the queen set when it was in the master suite:


Here is the master as it looks now, with the King size bed:


I found this comforter on clearance at BB&B for $69.00!  It's called Medallion. The colors are ivory and champagne.  The walls in this room are classic taupe.



I will use the brown drapes until I decide if I want the drapes matching the comforter.  I think that might be too "matchy".  Gotta decide.


This is my little reading corner.  I used this table even though it's lighter in color.  It kinda breaks up the heaviness of the other pieces. (I'm still playing around with PicMonkey, thus the snow).  :)


I really like the look of the master.  I spent today touching up scratches with stain, filling in a couple of gouges with wood filler.  It's looking good now.  

A TOUCH OF CHRISTMAS IN THE GUEST BATH:

The picture above is of the guest bath decorated for Christmas with whites and reds.



Sorry for the picture overload, but I really wanted you to see all the changes.  I am absolutely tired of moving furniture.  We had help with the king size because two old people, just can't lift everything.  Although we sure tried!  Believe me, there are muscles I had forgotten I had, and I hurt!!!

Come and checkout these great parties:


Comments

  1. Oh Kathy, it looks beautiful. Lots of work moving furniture. And king size beds are enormous. Both rooms look wonderful. And I like the Christmas touch in the bathroom. As always you have done a fantastic job. Rest your bones now, I am surprised you are able to walk at this point. Hugs, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a lotta work girl!!! But the results are beautiful.....each room looks lovely with your special touches. I like the bedding in the master, nice and calm with the heavy furniture. In the spring you may want to switch to lighter curtains, just saying cause the light and mood is different then. Get some rest now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that dresser was no easy move ! But every thing looks great ! And more room in the bed to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that spindle bed with those beautiful curves! I would love to have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks lovely, Kathy! Isn't it amazing what a difference moving things around makes?! We don't worry too much about difference in wood tones, some mixing up adds interest.
    Lots of work, but to a delightful end.
    The darling cup o' holly in the white frame looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, Kathy! Your colors, decor & furniture are magnificent. I love the frame with the cup particularly, great idea. Don't you just love to redecorate! TY for being with me, always.

    Merry Christmas
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't go hurting anything else moving that furniture around! We want you in tact for the holidays! LOL!

    I love your bedrooms, they are so pretty. The wood floors are gorgeous.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so pretty. Don't you just love a pretty change...even tho we DON'T love sore muscles....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would be tired too moving all that furniture. I actually have a queen set that looks very similar to the king set. It had the cannonball posts and hutch style mirror. Mine was from the 1970's, colonial style. I painted it white about 15 years ago. Before people painted everything white. Love the frame in the bathroom with the mug and berries. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...