Skip to main content

Let It Snow **

I awoke this morning at around 4 AM.  UGH!!!  I got up, made some coffee, and started purusing blogs.  I love to do that when the house is quiet and I'm the only one up.  

I don't think I saw where anyone had done this, but I made a garland of burlap ribbon, and hung crocheted snowflakes, icecicles, silver snowflakes, crocheted angels, etc on it.  I tried it on the mantel, but didn't like it there.  I moved it to the doorway from the foyer into the dining room.

Most of these crocheted pieces were done by a previous co-worker's Mother.  She brought these in every year at Christmas, and sold them for a dollar apiece.  I have lots more, and was thinking I should have done a small tree wih only crocheted items on it.  That's an idea for next year, or maybe an "after-Christmas" tree. 



I had to add the snowy overlay.  Don't you love all the different snowflake patterns?






I love burlap and white together.



Look at all the work put into these and just charge a dollar each for them.  Unbelievable!!


Angel


Icecicle



Such intricate work.


This angel is made from a tassel, beads and ribbon.  I just love it!!

Another beautiful flake.

Linking to:

Please stop by and visit these parties for lots of inspiration!!

Comments

  1. Wow!!! Quite a talent to make the crocheted snow flakes, angels and icicles.. beautiful work. Alas, I do not have that talent.
    Luvly garland Kathy.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sound alike with our wakeful hours except I prowl around between 11:00 and 2 in the morning after going to bed at 10:00. Then I'm dead tired in the morning!

    I love your burlap garland...the crochet pieces are so pretty. I have some white burlap, I guess it's bleached and it's been hanging around forever. I bet I could do this over a doorway with some simple ornaments. How did you attach it to the wall? Thumbtacks maybe?

    I hope you are having a great holiday season. I hope to post something tomorrow.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dollar apiece! Goodness, a steal, indeed. The white does look great with the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want some! They are so very pretty and I love with the burlap too.
    Have a Merry Christmas my friend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful! Love the garland. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...