Skip to main content

Hustle and Bustle Slow Down

I'm happy to report that the Christmas shopping is done, the gifts are wrapped, and I am ready to enjoy the rest of the season.  With the main part of the work done, I can now relax, and focus on the reason we celebrate this wondrous holiday, the greatest gift of all, Jesus. 

I do have a few little things to share that I haven't shown you yet.  Like this sweet little angel bunny.  This is hand made by a lady one county over from us.  I've had it several years, a gift from a sweet friend.  Isn't she just the cutest little thing?


I edited this in PicMonkey, and added the snow.  I love using that program to edit, but I'm not so good at it.  It takes a really long time for the pictures to load for some reason.


Couldn't you just pinch those little cheeks?  And look at that sweet mouth.

I love this old vintage white bowl (below), that belonged to my MIL.  I added some ornaments to it, then included it in the vignette on the breakfast table.



I saw this quick craft on Savvy Seasons blog.  You buy these "spire" type ornaments at DT and hot glue them inside the glass candle holders, also from DT.  Very inexpensive decoration.  The only ornaments they had were gold, so I just spray painted mine red, since that was the color I wanted, and already had the paint.  If you make some, you will need to use quite a bit of glue.  I put it in the bottom, then all around the tip of the ornament so it would hold it in the position I wanted.  I think they are really cute.



This photo shows two of them on the dining room table.  The red works in well with the color scheme.





This photo shows the entire vignette on the breakfast table.

The sweet little reindeer below was given to me by a friend about 12 or more years ago.  Her husband made him from scrap wood, and she painted the sweet facial features on him.  I absolutely love this little fellow.


He's beginning to show a little wear, a few scuffs, but he's still a cutie!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing a few of my favorite decorative items.  Please join with me at these great parties:


Comments

  1. So glad you can slow down - wish I could join you! As for that reindeer, a few scuffs only make him better! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv it!!The table is beautiful.
    I slow down after Christmas :-)I am a Seasonal Social Worker for the Salvation Army and I do Holiday Assistance. So I work Oct 1st to Dec. 28th. I am HIGH gear for these 3 months. Luv it though...
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a precious little angel bunny girl! She does have an adorable little face. Now aren't you the smartest one! I love your standing up ornies and they look marvelous on your pretty table too.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those tall green glasses on the dinning table. Great job with decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    The bunny and the reindeer are darling. Love the faces and expressions!
    Your bowl is wonderful, and filling it with bling makes for perfect eye candy! Love it on the table in a centerpiece. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, love all of your sweet Christmas decor. The bunny and reindeer are precious and I love that old bowl! Thanks for sharing with 'Creating Christmas'.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oгegano iѕ a perennіal herb which means it will come back yeaг аfter year, and can get out of сontrol if not propeгly contained.
    Υou cаn alsο draw designs on the bugs' backs with ketchup or mustard. There are not a lot of frozen pizzas out there that lock in that fresh take out taste and I wanted to see what this pizza could offer me.
    Stop by my webpage - loan46noah.blog.fc2.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ηello, after гeading thiѕ aωesome aгticle
    i am also delightеd to sharе my knoωledge here with friends.
    Here is my web site - Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it,
    you may be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back sometime soon.

    I want to encourage that you continue your great writing,
    have a nice afternoon!
    My web site: Curved-shower-rod-col7o912fo.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. уou're in point of fact a good webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing. It seems that you're ԁoing anу unique trick.

    Also, The contents are masteгpіеcе.
    yоu've performed a great activity in this subject!

    My web site: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chiсago ρizzа is usually meаty (some variantѕ come ѕtuffed with cheeseѕ аnd meat layeгs) and it
    іѕ eaten with a knife and fork. Laуеr bottom with
    as much or aѕ lіttle pizza saucе as you like.
    Mоst bread machines come ωith
    a recipe booκ included.

    Stoρ by my blog post :: Loan43deal.wiki.zoho.com
    Also see my web page: pizza pan akron menu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...