Skip to main content

Christmas Swag & Natural Flora

Thursday I visited a favorite antique mall, and spent a couple of hours browsing all the booths.

I found this beautiful Christmas swag for only $18.00, so I quickly placed it in my shopping cart.  It had been marked down from $28.00.

It would look wonderful on the front door, but I decided to use it on top of the china cabinet in the dining room.  See how large it is?


Here it is in place on the china cabinet.


The berries add just another touch of red, and I really like how it looks with the two little urns.





This close up shows the huge pine cones and snow covered pine.



I will be on the look out for a couple of cardinals to add to this swag.  Hope I can find some that are kinda large.

I went to my daughter's home to let the dog out, and while waiting for her to "do her thing", I walked around the yard and gathered some Nandina berried, and fronds from Pampas grass.  When I returned home, I clipped some junniper and some red nandina leaves.  I brought them in and placed them in some water in this tall vase for a natural arrangement.


I think it looks nice, and the juniper has a nice scent.



You can see in the above photo that I caught the start of the "blue" hour.


Have you gathered items from your yard for an arrangement?  I think I'm going to see if I can find some pine to go in this as well.  


I'm showing you my Christmas table one more time too.  :)


I think everything blends together nicely.  What do you think?

Joining in the fun at:
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Be Different Act Normal for Saturday Show and Tell

Comments

  1. I love you Christmas swag, cardinals would add a beautiful color to the arrangement. I like the two little urns. Using the swag on your china hutch was very creative thinking. It really looks nice there.
    Your natural arrangement is so pretty. My hubby does not want me to use pine cones and natural from around the outside of our home. He is afraid they will have bugs and then we would have bugs in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous. You scored finding such a huge greenery centerpiece for your hutch at that price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all beautiful, Kathy. From the great swag find, to the arrangement in the tall vase. And the tablescape encore is terrific!
    Gave you a sound out on my latest post, fyi. And that's all I'm saying. Check it out for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving that vertical, plume-licious arrangement. so lovely.

    stop by soon, lovely blogger.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that swag on top of the cabinet....and love the cabinet too, the inlay piecing is beautiful!!! And the Christmas table is still so pretty.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. You have a beautiful home and you do such a beautiful job decorating it. So inviting. I wish I was close and I would come for Christmas dinner. . .:) Thanks for sharing your home at Christmas time. Hugs, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the top of the hutch! Everything looks so pretty for Christmas! Makes me want to sit around and drink some hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The swag you bought is gorgeous and so is the bouquet you created from your family's gardens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...