Skip to main content

Dining Room ~ Christmas 2012

Do you remember the beautiful Festive Holly (Nikko/Japan) dinnerware I bought last year at the consignment sale I helped my daughter with?  I researched on Replacements.com, and they would have cost $419.50 if I'd bought them a piece at the time (doesn't include shipping).  I got all this for $19.50!!  Probably my best bargain EVAH!!  Not even a single chip!

Last year, I used gold chargers.  This year I'm using silver.  They are the only new item on this table, and were 98 cents each at Wal Mart.





I could hardly wait to get them out again this year. Aren't they pretty??

This table cloth was bought at the same consignment sale for $4 - $5.  I just draped it over the drop cloth table cloth on the table, since it's only 52" x 70".
A perfect cloth with the dishes, don't you think?



This pedestal was a KMart find a number of years ago for $5.00.  The green bowl was purchased at a consignment shop near our SW Georgia home.  The pine cones are some I picked up there last year.  These wood candlesticks show up everywhere.  They're old as well.


The green glasses are Anchor Hocking, and belonged to my MIL.  I really treasure these, and they too are perfect for this table!



The silver candle rings are from Good Will a couple of years ago.  The red napkins are from Wal Mart.  The white napkins were from a set of 12 that came with a table cloth that I purchased in the 80's at a pottery nearby.  Don't they look great with the dishware?

This stainless is from the consignment sale my daughter held.  I got 40 pieces for $10.00.  That was a fabulous bargain too.  They are very plain, but are nice and heavy.



This was the very first thing I did to decorate for Christmas.  I just couldn't wait to enjoy these fabulous finds!  This table was done very frugally, and I couldn't be happier with it!  It just sings Christmas!


Linking to:

Please check out these great parties!
Thanks for hosting ladies!!

Comments

  1. Kathy thanks for sharing your bargains and festive finds! You are an inspiration!! :)
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that table singing!!! That is just the prettiest setting ever.....you lucked out on the dishes and the tablecloth!!! It is delightful and not overdone......the napkins are really a special touch as are the green glasses.........enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks fabulous Kathy, I love the holly pieces.
    Have a great week!
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table setting. I think I have similar china. Pretty sure I do. But, then I find many times you and I think a lot the same. Thank you for coming by my blog and encouraging me while I make some changes. Now I wish I had never started the process. Hugs, to you. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    What a lovely table, and great deals! A dropcloth would save me a lot of trouble, since so few of my tablecloths are large enough when all the leaves are in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really scored on those dishes. You have created a lovely tablescape. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful table - love the dishes, and what great finds! Thanks also for stopping by my blog.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Looks like you are well on your way to a fabulously decorated Christmas season. I love your table cloth too. Reminds me of one we had growing up and it looks beautiful with your dishes. Those chairs look comfy too. I'm all about a comfy chair during a wonderful meal. Makes lingering over it much more enjoyable.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, what a beautiful setting! Love your dinnerware. Everything looks so festive and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, Kathy! The china and tablecloth are just beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen