Skip to main content

Making Changes

I have been staying home a lot and haven't bought any new things recently, so I have been moving things around.  Imagine that!  


I removed the table cloth and place settings from the dining room table.  I wanted to simplify it for a nice change.  I moved the terracotta planter from the side table to the table for a centerpiece, kept the 2 candles, and used two placemats for a runner.  Easy, simple change!





I placed a more formal arrangement on this little table.  I love the color it adds to this corner.




On this table, I added the fleur de lis plate, and switched out the plant for this one in the cherub urn.




I switched out a tall lamp with this one with the large white base, and moved these floral pictures over the table.  I really like this much better than the picture that was there previously.




I removed the terra cotta planter from this table to the dining table, leaving this more open.  Then I switched this picture from the family room with the one that was previously here.  


Just switching and changing things up a little.  A favorite pass time for me!
I know you like to do this too, so show us your changes. 
 Come to the parties below for great inspiration.
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Cozy Home Party at Cozy Home Scenes
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Comments

  1. Your changes are wonderful! I love shopping the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy changing things around instead of running out and spending money! You I love what you have done! Visiting you from the Cozy Home Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I love your side table! And the urn, very lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all. Isn't it fun to just shop the house and change things up, all of your tables look gorgeous. I love that lamp and those pics too on the side table. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always amazing how different our homes can look just by making a few minor changes. I love how you did this without spending any money. Each part of your home is pretty, but I love the colors in that second picture of the table with the floral arrangement. Thanks for sharing your home with us at Your Cozy Home party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your fluffing! My favorite is that little table in the corner with the colorful flowers! I'm kinda doing the same thing around my house but I don't have any tables looking as pretty as yours.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's wonderful to do some switching and fluffing. I'm hoping for time to do that this weekend. I've been entirely too busy for weeks! And my house shows it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love switching things up. It gives a new feel at no cost. All your new vignettes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...