Skip to main content

Awesome Finds

I am so excited!!! Today I went to one of my favorite shops, Hen's Nest Consignment.  I had gone to look at a table I saw on their Facebook page that I thought would work for me at the lake house.  Unfortunately, it was a little too narrow for what I needed.  I did find a couple of wonderful items though.


Now, I know y'all have seen this floral arrangement numerous times, in fact in my last post, but I need to show it to you again.  




This arrangement is wonderful as far as I'm concerned, but it has always seemed top-heavy.  The vase is just small for an arrangement this large.  I bought this at a consignment shop a long time back for $19.00, and I've used it in about every room in my house.

At Hen's Nest today, I found this beautiful metal container.




Isn't it pretty?  I grabbed it up the minute I saw it!  $3.99.  It's quite large, about 12 inches high, and probably 10 inches square.  Lovely colors.


So......I decided to do this.




Simple, simple.  I just plopped the arrangement (vase included) into this container! Viola!  New arrangement.


I also bought this wonderful runner you see here.  $12.99, reversible, quilted, and beautiful!




Isn't it pretty?  The reverse side is aqua with white polka dots.




Love it!!!


So, my dining room table got a whole new look!



I absolutely love it!!


I couldn't be happier!  I had planned to get out my stash of flowers and make a new arrangement!  No reason to do that.  These roses couldn't be more perfect, and so easy!!




I spent $18.00, and to me it looks like a million bucks!!

What do you think?

Come join in these great parties:


Sharing your Creations at Kristen's Creations

Comments

  1. It looks fabulous!! Everything matches so well and I just love reversible linens!!

    Thank You for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    (hugs)
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE your runner!!! I have searched forever and just found a few small pieces of fabric here and there similar to that. I am in love with blue...specifically aqua kind of sea blue these days. Beautiful arrangement too!! Thanks so much for stopping by:-) I do remember about your grandson, and I bet he is having such a great time. How wonderful for him to be young and get such a great start in ministry. I so often wish I had done it earlier, but just was not called then I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That really is stunning, I love that the runner is reversable too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new container looks really nice and a good size, too. With the roses table runner,it looks so pretty. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! Beautiful runner and vase, I always think of roses when I think of June. Perfect summer vignette.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all very pretty! Love the runner.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, and you can't beat those prices! The runner and vase go together beautifully! :)

    Thanks so much for visiting my lakehouse post, and for taking the time to leave a kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I'm a New Follower too!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...