Skip to main content

Summer-time Sunday at Shadymont

Welcome to Sunday at Shadymont.

Please enjoy some peaceful vignettes.

I printed off Hebrews 11:1 and cut to fit this box.  It has the word "Spring" painted on it and I wanted to be able to use it longer.   One of my favorite verses.
Magnifying glass and letter opener with crystal handles.  Belonged to my MIL.  Photo in the background is my husband and me on our wedding day in 2005.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1
May God Bless You!!

Joining in Seasonal Sundays at the Tablescaper
And
Pink Saturdays at How Sweet the Sound 


Comments

  1. God said it and I believe it and that settles it for me! I was singing you a song about that verse! I used to be in a little quartet at church and we sang it all the time. I do love that verse. I love your pretty vignettes.
    Now I have to tell you something...I just bought the same little pink box thingy! I've seen them all over blogland and some are old. I was thinking of spray painting mine to cover up the "Spring". I like your idea of putting on the scripture.
    have a great Sunday and thanks for popping in to see me,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelia, for your visit!

    I love that song too! I love the songs you always have at the end of your posts.

    My grandson is going into music ministry. He's a great guitarist, pianist, drummer, and singer!! He's doing his internship this summer at a church near Atlanta. He is such a blessing to us. He has the heart of David. Loves to worship! So proud of him. Just wanted to share that with you!

    Hope you have a wonderful week-end!
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that verse! We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
    Ephesians 2:10 Your vignettes are most lovely. I loved the magnifying glass! Many blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vignettes. Have a delightful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Seasonal Sundays! It's wonderful to have you with us. Love your vignette. How clever to change the wording on the box to reflect your favorite verse.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that verse and your peaceful vignettes!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have a pretty Southern Living home. Your vignettes are so lovely and peaceful. My favorites are the angel and the beautiful tea cup. Thanks for sharing and Happy Seasonal Sunday.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vignettes are so wonderful. The way you placed the items makes each one quite elegant.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...