Skip to main content

Sharing Thrifty Finds

A co-worker and I went to my favorite consignment shop the other day at lunch.   Of course, I had to get a little something.  You know how it goes.  

 This little "chicken" trivet came home with me.  It was only $4.00.  I loved it's bold colors.
I already had the yellow ware bowl.  It belonged to my Mom.  She used to make the best cobblers in it.
 
I couldn't pass up this wire (rusty) basket.  Its shape looks beachy to me and I will find lots of uses for it.

.  I tied a piece of jute string around it.  Then used it in my new vignette in the sunroom.
I like the way it looks with these turquoise items.  


Can't wait to see what you've found recently.  


Be sure to stop by Rhoda's party and share them.  I am. 

Comments

  1. Great fidns. Love the bowl with the stripe. Brings back many memories of Mother's bowls.

    Have a great week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great things! That looks like a really olden bowl. Love it!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of wire-ware so I really like your versatile new basket. You'll be able to place a lot of pretty things in it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute finds! That wire basket is so sweet. I think you could also take it in a country direction with some wooden eggs and ribbon; it would look great displayed with your new chicken trivet and bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are nice finds. I love how you used the basket in your little vignette. Great way to pull a look together. Thanks for sharing.

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that basket. And your Mom's bowl. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found you blog today. I found a basket just like that at a yard sale for just 50 cents! Cute!I filled mine with some rafita & put some fake sunflowers inside.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...