Skip to main content

Around the House

I'm joining in the White Wednesday party at Faded Charm.  I'm becoming more and more fond of using white in my decor.  Here are a few photos sharing my growing love of white.  Enjoy!

Love this little bench.

This candle stick was once gold.  White spray paint fixed that.  I like the sheet music wrapped around the candle and tied with jute string.  This is in a corner beside the tub.

 These sconces and cupids are in the powder room.

 Can't forget my white rooster lamp and this sweet hen with her babies.  They reside in the breakfast nook.

 This little chickie lives at the lake house.

 I hope you have enjoyed your visit!  Come back soon!

Comments

  1. Such pretty things, I love the sheet music around the candle!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful night!!
    Aledia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your whites! You have so many pretty vingettes. I like the sheet music on the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love seeing all of your pretty whites!
    I took the little tool box thing like your that says 'spring' and spray painted over the 'spring' today. But the wording seems to be embossed and still sticks out! I my just do what you did. Love that idea.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are incorporating all of the beautiful whites into your home decor. Once you start, look out, because you'll want to start painting everything too!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you... a little white at a time... but I'm getting there!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...