Skip to main content

The Master of My Own Suite

Had anyone told me less than a week ago that I would be getting divorced, I would have declared them a liar, yet that is what is going on in my life at the present time.  No warning, no reason, blindsided totally.  A few things now that I look back were kinda wierd, and I questioned them, but pat answers were ready and I let it go.  I try not to have ill feelings in my home.  But after a 10 day stay ALONE at the lakehouse, my husband came home last Friday night and informed me he was tired of walking on egg shells.  The only time things get wonky aroun here, is when he criticizes my daughter and grandchildren.  They were here first, and are my heart, and he knew that because we had been friends since 1981!!  But whatever will be, will be.  I won't beg him to stay, in fact I have insisted that he get his belongings out of the living area of the house so I could get on with the things I need to do.  Don't think you can shock me and I will give everything I've worked for away.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN, so if he's not happy hear he can live a lonely life away from all who love him, and I will be fine.  I have the Heavenly Father who guides my footsteps and watches over me all the time.  So I'll get on with my life as quickly as possible......and that does not include anyone of the male species!!       

SO,

I went last Sunday to the Hen's Nest Consignment and bought me a full size metal bed.  It was originally gray with a hint of blue.  Well you know it had to be aqua, so I used 2 cans of Valspar Secluded Garden paint with primer, and here is the first stab at setting up my master suite.  

I've always wanted my bed between these windows, but beds I've had were just too bulky.  That can't be said about this little gem!  I love it and it was less than 200 dollars.

I also purchased the table to the left of the bed. I got the comforter set and matching quilt at Wal Mart.  I purchased new mattress and box springs for less than $300, delivery first thing the next day!!



My recently purchased chest from Good Will  is perfect for me so I moved it from the closet into my master suite!!  You've seen the door I painted a few years back.  I love changing out the decor, and have already moved it to the other side of the room!


I
I kept this white table in the room.

 brought in a small tv

 I found this wonderful electric heater/fireplace at Lowe's and it is great to knock off the chill in the room, plus the beauty of the fire.



 The ottoman and pillow I covered make a nice "chair".





I will do an updated post shortly and show you the changes already made, and show you the heater with the fire on.  I can see myself on a cold day, just relaxing in this room.  My daughter and I have talked about making a sitting area in here, there's plenty of room for one, but I'm loving all the open space.  But y'all know me, I'm open to change in my decor! 

Those of you who believe in the power of prayer, I would appreciate your mentioning my  name when you pray.  At this point I don't want a reconciliation, and never will.  This is totally unbelievable, and has broken my entire family's hearts.  So, hopefully, we're not required to have litigation, because I have nothing to say, except, if this will make you happy, drive south quickly!!

I'm aging, and I don't have the time or energy for a bunch of drama that is purely stupid!  I just want this over now, so I can be settled and peace can return to my home.

I DO WISH ALL OF YOU A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sharing here:

Comments

  1. Unke Seenon Me Kabhi Jhank Kar Dekho To Sahi Kitna Rote Hain Tanhai Me Auron Ko Hansane Wale play bazaar Dur Na Jaya Karo Dil Tadap satta king Agar Thak Jaao Kabhi Toh Humse Kahna Hum Utha Lenge Tumko Apni Baahon MeinAap Ek Baar Pyar Karke Toh Dekho Humse
    Hum Khusiyan Bichha Denge Aapki Raahon Mein.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen