Skip to main content

Reminders of Home

Tomorrow will be a month since I've been at home at Shadymont.  I don't think I've ever stayed away this long.  Illnesses that pop up when you are away, don't get you back home in a hurry.  I go back for follow up at Dothan (50 miles) on the 16th, and hope I will be allowed to go back to my beloved mountains after that.  I am still swollen from all I've been through, retaining fluid in my feet and ankles, but am very hopeful.  My husband and I made a trip to Wal Mart for some groceries, yesterday, me sporting one of the electric carts.  It came in very handy and the outing did me a world of good.  Staying inside for close to a month doesn't keep my spirits up.  So that helped pass the day, and we have plenty of fresh veggies and fruits now.

I thought since I've been so depressed, and missing my home there, I would just share a few photos that you may or may not have seen, but will give me  a feeling of getting back there.

My daughter has kept a close check on the home, and her friend has kept our yards cut. Don't know what we would do without family and friends.  And I can't forget all the prayers, you have all been great to remember me. The gory details of this illness are discussed in the previous post.  It is called TTP and is found in 4 of a million people.  It causes clots in the very small vesels which can damage the brain, kidneys, heart, etc.   In fact I have acute kidney damage from all the high powered antibiotics given in the first hospital I was in.

No matter how nice it is, or comfortable, I am ready to leave the lake house and head back home to the mountains.

This post may be kinda long, because, I'm refreshing my memories of my nesting place.  Not that the lake house isn't one too, I'm just a little ready for a different view.


I have enjoyed my small garden so much this year and am anxious to see how it all looks now.


I had just created a new coffee drinking spot on the small stoop, goods found at Good Will. It joins the garden area.


I had recently refurbished this burlap wreath from a year or two ago.  Celestina Marie made the lovely garden sign, I had made the aqua rosettes, a while back. I love the colors on my front door.






Soon..................I miss it so much!!!  






PS:  I'll soon share photos of my grandson's wedding I had to miss due to being hospitalized.  It was gorgeous from what I've seen, and this was one heartbroken Meem to have to miss it.  I had to accept that I could not change that situation, but if I could have, I would have.

This disorder is all new to me and I don't know a lot about the outcome, treatment, etc., but I know that at times the plasma and platelets have to be worked with, and then there's the hope that my kidneys heal.

Be extremely careful of the meds you take.  A new pulmonologist had placed me on a 3 week regimen of Levaquin for bronchitis, that seems to have jumpstarted this episode, then the continuous IV of Vancomycin, finished the kidneys off almost.  They were totally dehydrated.

I think I've covered the gist of this latest health problem.  Oh, at first I was diagnosed with c:diff.  This is another superbug that is difficult to heal, and I read that the hospitals are rampant with it.

Sorry for the length, but this is why I've been absent for a while.  Work hard to keep healthy folks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen