Skip to main content

Picture Frame and Stool Makeover

We all know that paint can hide a multitude of sins!  I bought this wonderful rose picture at the consignment shop when I bought the hall tree (see previous post).  



Don't get me wrong, I love the distressed look, but this frame was just a little to dark for my taste.  I've bought some Waverly chalk paint at Wal Mart, and I really like its coverage.  So this is how the frame looks now.



I painted the outer edge with white, then the inner part with pink (Ballet Slippers), and I left the most inner section white with gold.  Love it now!!  It still has the shabby chic look that's in my sunroom, but it has a cleaner look.



I know, it was on the hall tree, now in the sunroom.  You know I can't leave anything alone!!


Another place I added pink is on this small stool.  It was originally white, then aqua, with "Home Sweet Home" stenciled on the top, and now its pink.  


(Original color)



Here in aqua.





I stacked it on top of another stool to hold plants.  The heat of the last few weeks has really been tough on this creeping jenny, so I brought it into the sunroom.  New growth is sprouting on them now.



I have enjoyed these two really quick projects.  What have you changed recently?


Sharing here:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...