Skip to main content

Best Bargain Ever!!!

I'm still pinching myself to see if it's true!!  I bought the MOST. WONDERFUL. halltree today at the Hen's Nest Consignment Shop!!   I really do need to stay out of there, but I would have never forgiven myself if I hadn't bought this beautiful piece!

I first saw this piece a couple of months ago when it was priced at $225.00.  The price wasn't that much really, but I'm very cheap frugal, and couldn't make myself spend that amount!

A couple weeks ago, it went to $125.00, and I still passed it up, even though I visited it everytime I went to the shop.

Yesterday, I saw it on their FaceBook page for........$89.99!!!!!   Yes, that's right, $89.99!  I just knew it would be gone before I could get there, but my daughter and granddaughters and I went down this morning, and drove the truck, "just in case".

It was still there, so it was a sign, y'all, it was to come home with me!  While I was making up my mind for sure, a lady called wanting it!!  No way, so I told the owner, "I'm buying it"!!    I'm so excited!!

I've had a table in my foyer ever since we built the house....now I have a hall tree!!


BEFORE

This table now resides beside my bed to hold my cpap, and all the paraphenalia!!

In its place........
AFTER

I am so happy with this!  It's the very first thing you see when you enter the front door!  So much better than the table, and it fits the narrow wall perfectly!!  


I also bought the picture on it.  




This was only $14.99.

This shows the bottom of the hall tree.  Isn't it pretty?  It looks like there is a drawer, but it is just a drawer front.



Closeup of the items I chose to decorate it.  The lamp was my late MIL's, as was the silver coffee pot.

View when you step through the front door.  The door to the left goes to the office, guest suite, and down to the basement.




I switched the plant on the bottom to this fern which leaves more space around it, and shows off the bottom better.


The top has crown and dental molding.  Here's a close up.




So, what do you think?  Did I get the deal of the century or what????

Sharing my newest treasure here:


Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life 
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Share Your Style   
 Home and Garden Thursday @
   A Delightsome Life     
Home Sweet Home The Charm of Home
 Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Anything Blue @ The Dedicated House
Show and Tell Friday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen