I have recently added lots of light colors to my decor. It started gradually as I added white items in bookcases, shelves, etc.
Bought a white quilt for the master bed.
I've added white sheers in the office, master bedroom, dining room, and family room.
I made slipcovers for the sofa and loveseat from dropcloths.
The tablecloth in the dining room is also one I made from dropcloths.
These photos are NOT staged, just keepin' it real!!
I've painted the pie safe white, also the sofa table!!
I brought lighter colors into the bedroom, family room, and sunroom with fabrics.
All the items in the china cabinet are white.
I changed from black/red/white rooster pictures in the breakfast room to this arrangement.
I like the farmhouse look of the vignette.
I decluttered the tops of the kitchen cabinets. I literally had every inch of them covered with STUFF!
Now, just a center display.
I made a dropcloth cover for this stool.
I have white and pink for the mantel display.
Vignette in a white drawer.
My home is filled with natural light. I have large windows, transoms, french doors in almost every room, so there is no shortage of light, but I have to say, I love the light decor, too. It makes everything look larger, and cleaner. I do need to lighten up the guest room. It still has lots of brown, so that has to be remedied pronto! I'm thinking a pastel quilt with light curtains, maybe more sheers! It just makes for a joyous feeling home. If your home needs light, just lighten up!! You can do it gradually as I have, and look for bargains in fabric and sheers. Sheers can be found on EBay, new, for next to nothing! I got 4 pairs, 84 and 95 inches recently, for under $30.00, including shipping. Changing to lighter colors doesn't have to cost a lot. Do it on the cheap, and enjoy it. Then when the whim changes for something else, you haven't sunk a fortune into it, and don't have to feel guilty about changing it again! :)
I'll be sharing the light here:
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Tweak It Tuesday @ www.cozylittlehouse.com
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Frugalicious Friday http://decormamma.blogspot.com


Comments
Post a Comment
I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!