Skip to main content

Little Changes at the Lake House

We are still at the lake house, and I've been having so much fun. I've done lots of small projects, and moved things here and there.

First off, we rearranged the living room, and I'm liking it so much.  Of course, any kind of change seems to freshen up things.


It's hard to tell much about it in these photos, but we switched the chairs to where the love seat formerly was.  This leaves it much more open toward the kitchen.  The love seat faces the sofa.  

I bought this candle holder a couple years ago.  It was pink, and over the winter, it had rusted and faded until it looked horrible.  Saturday, I painted it navy and turquoise.  So it has found a place on the coffee table, rather than outside.   This towel was only $1.00 at Dollar General.  It has turquoise butterflies and flowers, and white bird cages on it.  


This is a view from above the candle holder and towel.


I've had this bronze colored sign for a long time.  Yesterday, I decided to paint it!  I did so with acrylic paints, then scuffed it up a little with a sanding block.  It shows up so much better on the  wall now!


Another little paint project was to give this little bench a face lift.




It works well to hold this photo of my husband, his brother, and mother.


Does this picture look familiar????

It should!  The large image of it hangs in my office at home!!  I found the small one at Dollar General for $8.00, and couldn't resist it.  It goes well in the twin guest room.

Here's the large one in the office.



Another glimps of the master!



I made another blue wreath for the door here at the lake.  The flowers are white, with some blue colored berries instead of the yellow like at home.  

I removed the picture in this frame from the barn in snow, and am using this lovely garden scene for the summer.




I found the sweetest green table at DG, and put it on the porch with a faux plant.




This wooden basket of wooden tulips got a face lift.  It had faded really bad, so I got the acrylic paints out and spruced it up too.

This wood 'pineapple' candle holder got painted white, with some distressing.


I placed a few of the antique photos I found on the dresser in the twin guest room, and also worked a little on the wall gallery I've started of my husband's family.

Nothing big, just small changes, but it makes everything feel fresher!

Do you like doing small projects?

Sharing here:

Whimsy Wednesday @ Simply Designing with Ashley
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen