Skip to main content

Sweet Finds

I just made a short trip to my fave consignment shop, and of course bought some pretty items.  I spent around $20.00, and thought that was a good price for the three items.


$4.99 for this sweet handmade table square made in the 1950's.  It's not perfect, but I loved the strawberries.  The yellow trim has come loose in one place, but I will repair that.
I have it in the sunroom on my vintage oval shaped table.

I think it would probably look better turned on the diagonal, so I will do that.

Sweet green frame for $5.99, which was a steal.  It is distressed.  The picture is my own work.  I added the barn, tire swing, walkway to barn, a couple trees, and benches in the front yard to the painting today.  The frame is a perfect fit!!

This colorful cushion was $7.99, which is also a great price.  I love the spring look of the daffodils.  All three pieces found today came to rest in the sun room.  I knew the cloth and cushion would go there, but wasn't sure about the frame.  The art can be removed easily for replacement, or using the frame empty.

I was very happy with my finds.  Are you a consignment shopper?  We have some really nice shops in our area, but this is my favorite.  There is a really large one about 50 miles away, and I like to get an early start if I'm going there.  This one is about 20 miles from me, so I went today after cleaning the whole house!!

I'll be sharing these finds here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...