Skip to main content

Playing in the Snow

This week, we have experienced some Winter weather.  Snow started falling on Monday night and continued through Wednesday morning.  Then Wednesday afternoon, we started having sleet and freezing rain.  It's been a long time since we've had this much Winter precipitation.

The snow that fell on Monday night and Tuesday was wonderful! So PaPaw and Mimi went up to play with Rheagan (7).  To make the snowman,  all we did was just make a small ball, and roll it across the snow.  It was like pulling up carpet!  It just rolled up in long sheets.  What fun!!

Rheagan gave the snowman a hairdo.

Rheagan, Snowman, Nova
The Staffy, Nova had on her sweater too!


At this point the roads were still clear, so we took a short ride in the 4-WD pickup.
A tree in the neighbor's yard


The trees and hilltops were so pretty!

View out our back door.

Today it warmed up enough to melt most of the snow and ice!  Thankful we didn't lose electricity!  We were blessed, as outages were numerous!  Blessed too, to live near my sweet family and being able to play with my grandchildren!

Are you having lots of Winter weather?

You can bet we will be ready for Spring and my decor just might start showing it in a few days!!

Sharing here:
Show and Tell Friday http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale. ...

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They ...

Stenciled Burlap Pillow

I just have to share my no sew pillow project.  I had some burlap fabric in my fabric stash, and decided I would use it to cover a pillow.  First, I found an old pillow I no longer use.  I spread the burlap out on the floor and laid my pillow on it so I could cut the fabric big enough to cover it.  I was so intent on the project, I didn't make any pictures of the process. Once the burlap was cut, I folded in the sides about an inch, and glued it down with Tacky Glue, pressing it down several times with my fingers.  I did this all the way around the fabric, and laid it aside to dry over night.  The Tacky Glue dries clear. My next step was to determine how I could lap the fabric over the cushion in an envelope fashion.  I had tried to get my computer to print out a graphic that would show up on the burlap, but printer problems interfered with that plan, so I found the center, and stenciled it with the tree stencil I bought at Michael's. ...