Skip to main content

Revisit the Guest Room

Last week I showed how I have updated the guest room by rearranging the furniture, adding a vintage table updated with a little paint, and changing the window treatments.  Here is a quick reminder of the changes I made.


There was one problem with my update!  I forgot to buy a matching window panel for the french door, and this white panel was just bugging me!

BEFORE


I have procrastinated all week on going back to Lowe's to get another window panel.  But this morning I went, (and a good thing) as they only had one left!!
One, I tell you!  They had several left when I bought the first three.  So glad I went.  

These panels only come in 84" length, so when I came home, I cut off the panel to a length of about 75".  Door panels are usually around 72" so 75" allowed for a hem for the bottom rod.  I simply hemmed across the edge folded it up a couple inches, and sewed across that.  This was about a 15 minute project with the sewing machine, and makes a world of difference in the look of the room.

AFTER

Doesn't it look better?



I used the part I cut off to tie the panel  in the middle.  Nothing wasted, and it can easily be untied and removed.  

I also wanted to show you something I hung in the guest room since my first post.  This wall near the foot of the bed was totally empty.  I hung this frame to which I added chicken wire.  While in the attic changing the furnace filter the other day I saw this little angel from long ago up there, so I brought her down to hang on the frame.  I think this made a cute little wall hanging!






I have also added a small lamp to the vintage table.



I think I am through in here now (unless I find a rug that will work)!!  That is not a necessity, but a 'want".  It will have to be a "great" bargain!

Have you made any changes lately?

Join me at:




Comments

  1. Good thing you went back and bought the last panel, which looks great! When I re-do a room, I cannot sit still until it's finished...drives my hubby nuts!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. The door panel is the perfect finishing touch.....and I love the little lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the greens! your guests must feel right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bedroom redo is beautiful .....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your panel looks marvelous! So glad there was one left! Love the sweet little lamp and the precious wall decor - beautiful transformations! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. your panel looks terrific. Everything does. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the hop. I hope your weekend is as sweet as you are xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The panel completes the look. Now the little angel will be watching over this beautiful room. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen