Skip to main content

Harvest Colors at the Lake Home

We just returned today from the lake home. After I did a few house chores the other morning, I gathered a few items together for a fall tablescape.  Of course, it is sweltering hot here but it's nice and cool inside.  As I have shared before, many of the items here are old and belonged to my MIL.  She lived for many years on the same property where we now have a home.  The placemats, dishes, glasses, tray, vase, and stainless were hers. The flowers are new from the Dollar Tree ($4.00).  My hand just reached out and grabbed these of its own volition.  I thought I had a wreath here and had planned to "update" it, but I haven't found it.  Anyway, here is a photo of the table I set using what was available. 


  The rooster on the tray was a consignment find some months ago.  The Ball jar holds a piece of burlap that I stenciled with orange paint and some extra tea light candles.  The wooden pineapple begs for a coat of white, but I haven't done that yet.  The tray was a tarnished metal one that I spray painted a few months ago.  You've seen the hobnail vase on several occasions.

Don't these just scream fall??  



The dishes continue the browns and rust colors.  They are Cumberland Mayblossum.   The stainless is old, but I like the pattern. 


These glasses look vintage to me, and I'm fairly sure they are.  They have a leaf motif, and blend well with the other colors.



I removed everything on the hutch to polish it, and used the opportunity to purge some of the items, and change the look somewhat.  
I placed some blue enamel ware on top of the hutch, and added the corning ware with the blue roosters to the top as well.  
Notice the vintage green vinegar bottle.  The shelf with the large plate holds an old flour sifter, a pie dish, a jar of tarnished silverware, and a marble rolling pin.

I gathered two more rolling pins, an old potato masher, and some old funnels together in this basket and placed them beside the bowls.

 I like the Baking/Cooking theme I have created in the hutch. 


Here you can see the kitchen step stool I rescued from an outdoor building we were giving to a neighbor.  My MIL used it for years.  It got a couple coats of Heirloom White.  Just a simple setting, but so colorful!!

Have you started your Fall decorating?  I think I'm trying to rush in the cool weather.   Needless to say, I haven't started Autumn decorating at the mountain home yet...maybe in a couple of weeks. 

Please join in the following linky parties.

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
 Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Frugal Friday at Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday at  French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home

Be sure to visit all these lovely parties!

Comments

  1. Ficou um encanto sua mesa, amei seu cesto com coisas antigas. Adoro inventar também.
    Tenha uma ótima semana.
    Anajá Schmiz
    Minha vida de campo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the theme in your hutch too! What a great rescue with that bench!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost my comment. In case you don't speak Brazilian, I picked up a few of Minha's words that are similar to Spanish. She loves your house,antiques and also adores your hutch. That was fun for me :)

    Yes, fall is throwing up all over my upstairs (and not publicly viewed)family room. Nothing is together. I'm just doing inventory and figuring out my Fall game plan. It feels good to move forward planning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely table and you know I'm over that cute little Rooster. Love your dishes too! Oh, your hutch looks great and isn't it fun to change things! I love that old sifter and have been looking for one! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovley Colours...and nice Table :)
    and do not miss......

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen