Skip to main content

Found: A New Consignment Store

I have been wanting to go back to the Hen's Nest Consignment Store about 30 miles away.  So finally today, I decided to drive there.  I walked through it a couple of times but didn't buy anything.  They had a couple of things I would love to have, but y'all know how cheap I am, so I talked myself right out of them.  :(  As I was sitting at a traffic light to turn left to start back home, I was looking at the shops across the way, when what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a HUGE Consignment Shop that I had not heard about!  Now what's up with that!  Anyway, I just drove straight over there and had myself a look-see.  Oh my..... lots of clothing, but also lots of home decor items.  Be still my heart!! I just took my time and browsed through.  Now, some of the items were priced like new, but some had decent prices.  So a couple of smalls did come home with me.  Seven dollars and forty-seven cents worth to be exact.  Wanna see what I bought??

This hat box (still had the original store tag on it).  I thought it would look good in my sun room on the Wilendur tablecloth that I got such a great deal on.  


 I like the way it looks with the green cloth.
Price $3.99

The only other item I purchased is this hook, which I also hung in the sun room.

I love the colors, and the robin is so pretty.
$2.99

I placed it with this wall grouping.  I have a garden/bird theme going on in here.  So these two items worked out well.


I also visited an antique shop which was chock full of goodies, but extremely high prices.  I could have stayed in there for a while, but they had not turned the air on, not even ceiling fans so it was HOT and STUFFY!   I understand wanting to save on the electricity, but OMG! I'm just not going to do a lot of shopping when my hair is getting wet from the heat.  Just sayin'!!

Come party with me at:
Frugal Treasures Tuesday

You never know what you'll find at these great parties!!


Comments

  1. we don`t seem to have that kind of consignment store here ( well maybe we do have one, just haven `t checked it out)But I did see some in Arizona last year...those prices are not at all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your thrifty items are so pretty and what great prices!! I just love it when I find a new consignment store or flea market. I totally agree with you, who wants to shop when they are so uncomfortable? I'm sure those stores lose lots of sales by doing that as well.

    Have a wonderful evening!
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your consignment store finds are gorgeous! I especially love the Robin picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new treasures. The hat box is very pretty and what a bargain!! I have a little consignment shop in my town and I try to stop in once a week. It's kind of hit or miss but sometimes I find something I just can't live without!!!!! Happy Shopping!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip was certainly not in vain! Beautiful buys! Love shops where the deals are good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretties you found! Your vignette looks so nice!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! I probably would have stopped traffic if I discovered a new shop. Too bad about the weather in the antique shop. I've been in so many that are so dark, no heat, no air, just to save a few dollars. They'd make more if they kept their customers comfortable. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table looks beautiful! you must be happy with your finds...good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hat box is so pretty! You know I love my purple! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning! I love the hat box with that beautiful tablecloth. Are the flower on the hat box lilacs or hydrangeas? Your sunroom looks so inviting! Thanks so much for joining the party at Frugal Treasures. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box has the word hydrangeas on it, but they really do look like lilacs.

      Delete
  11. Love lilacs! Everything looks so amazing together. Great finds!
    ~Trudy http://thriftscore42.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when I find a new consignment shop! And I really love that bird, it looks great on your wall, like it's always been there. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the lilacs! The color is so vibrant! I found you on Beez Rental Designs and I'm now following. I would love if you could follow me back! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty vignette and I love your new hat box. Thanks for linking to the Open House party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen