Skip to main content

Corner Cupboard

I've had this corner cupboard since 1977.  That was when my late husband and I built our first home.  At the time I worked at a local hardware and furniture store, and was able to purchase it for $125.00.  It's still in perfect condition, and I'll keep it in its original finish. It has no scratches or anything on it.  I have no idea what one like it would cost today, but much more than that I'm sure.  

Right now, I have crystal pieces, a set of china, and various accessories displayed in it.

 Oh no, I cut off the rooster's head in this photo.  :(


Inside

I did a couple of really small projects this past weekend.  When I say small, believe me.  

I saw napkins folded into roses on someone's website, and gave it a try.

 
They actually came out pretty good, and were very simple to do. I replaced the white napkins and rings with these roses.

My other small project involved spray paint, (Oil-Rubbed Bronze).

 This plate rack was a gold color and the plate stand was a silver color. You can see them below.

I painted both pieces with ORB, and am really liking the cohesive look.

 Better, don't cha think?   They blend in much better with the wall decor.

Twenty-three more days to work til retirement!  Whoo-hoo!!
I'll finally get to tackle my want/need to do list!   

Oh, before I forget, my daughter is holding another huge consignment sale this weekend.  This one features spring items as well as housewares, clothing, etc.  I dropped off a few things earlier, and she had some great items already there.  There was a silver gravy boat, that I need to get tomorrow.  I noticed lots of white linen napkins, several great tea pitchers, two long baskets, I'd love though priced a little expensive, a Coach purse, several Vera Bradley's, a Louis Vitton, and she has much more to be delivered tomorrow and Thursday.

If I buy something I'll share it with you.  I'll try to get some photos too.

I'm joining in these parties:

Winter Blues Wednesday at DIY by Design
Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

Please come along!


Comments

  1. What a beautiful corner cupboard, really a treasure...the wood is wonderful, please don't ever paint it!!! Love what you did with the ORB!! hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love ORB....and it does look beautiful. I love that corner cabinet and I hope you never paint it. I still love pretty wood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely corner cupboard. I do have a fondness for those. They are such a special piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hutch is amazing. Love the arched glass on the cabinet doors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your corner cabinet full of treasure. I would love to know how to fold napkins in to roses!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen