Skip to main content

Santa Sale

Wish all of you could attend the Santa Sale on December 2 and 3.  My daughter came up with the idea to hold a consignment sale where folks could bring toys, winter clothing, home decor, and gift-type items and sell them.  She has 71 sellers to date, and has another week before the sale.  I've taken off work on the 2nd so I can help her with it.  She will get a percentage of everything sold, and will donate a good portion of it to a charity in our community that helps folks less fortunate than we are.  She's had an overwhelming response and we are so excited.  It's a lot of work, especially for her, but she has participated in these type of sales before as a seller, and loved it.  She will have some gift cards to give away to sellers who sign up to work a shift.  She has a schedule set up for sellers to make an appointment to drop off their items.  She's so organized, it's unbelievable!  She even set up a webpage so that sellers can enter their items, and the information about the item, she then takes that information and e-mails price tags back to the seller so they can tag their items prior to drop-off.  Saturday afternoon everything that is left is 1/2 price.  Then anything that isn't picked up on Sunday is donated to the same charity for their thrift store.  Doesn't this sound like fun!!!  For anyone reading this in North Georgia, the sale will be at the Old Clarkesville Mill just North of Clarkesville, on 441.  I'd love to meet some of you, so if you happen to be in the area, do come by.

I've been gathering things together for the sale.  My husband says that I'll later need/want the items I'm selling for my decor projects.  I don't think so.  I'll be glad to get some 'stuff' out of the house.  That makes room for me to buy more!  :0) 

I made a few photos of some of the items I'm taking.  This is just a little of what I plan to take.  I have a bunch of things I have set aside in the basement to take.  I hope to get those items tagged tomorrow afternoon.




Queen size Duvet Cover, Never Used, $15.00



 What do you think?  Does this sound like fun or what???

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
I'm attending the party at Donna's Funky Junk Interiors (Saturday Night Special).
You ought to come by and see what's going on!  Her parties are so much fun!!
Thanks Donna!

Comments

  1. Sounds wonderful Kathy!
    Just one question though, what's the gold post with the two rings for? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea. I think this is wonderful. I hope everyone has a ton of fun and finds a lot of wonderful things for the Holidays and for gifts too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very fun, Kathy..

    Love that swan~!

    thanks so much for visiting me and my new roos stools..

    Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours
    xoxo
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so proud of your daughter, not only did she come up with this great idea it sounds like she has done a great job implementing it! Best of luck with the sale, I hope it will raise lots of money for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,
    Thank you for leaving such sweet comments and letting me know that the gold 'thingy' is a hand towel holder - I like the idea of one of those :o)
    Have a great week!
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen