Skip to main content

Weekend Travels and Spring Vignette

My daughter, granddaughter, and I went to Cleveland TN this weekend to visit my grandson at the University.  While we were there I did a little shopping while at Cracker Barrel and yesterday, we went to the Good Will and I had great luck there as well.

First I will show you the wonderful pedestal serving dish I found.  Isn't this a lovely piece?  It is rather heavy and has the most gorgeous design.  I gave $4.99 for it.

 See the scalloped edges?

Here it is in a vignette.  I just absolutely had to buy it.  The lady at GW told me she had put it out just a very few minutes earlier.  She told me in a few days I could find some wonderful antiques.  She had just received a whole house full at the back door.  Oh my,  wish I could be there as she brings those items into the store.  They had many lovely things yesterday, but I hated to shop so long that my granddaughter would get impatient, so I didn't buy as much as I would have had I shopped alone.  I did pick up four little salad plates, Noritake, made in Ireland.  They look so much like Spring.  

These were $.49 each.  Score!!!


I think I spent a total of $7.63.
This was the best GW I have ever been in, and I learned they have two or three there.  Wish I'd had more time.


Here are my Cracker Barrel goodies.


The little bird on an egg was so cute and only $4.99.  The little plaque he holds in his mouth says "joy".  The egg he stands on has inscriptions as well.



This little fellow was only $2.99.
While there I found these rooster tassels.  They are cute, but I've seen cuter on the blogs.  I still decided to buy two of them.  

 This one hangs on the corner cabinet in the breakfast room.
This one hangs on the old pie safe.


Here's the vignette using the birds.
Later this week, I will be linking to these parties:
Marty for Tabletop Tuesday,
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays,
Kim for Wow Us Wednesday


Be sure to link up to these parties for lots of inspiration!




Comments

  1. OMG! I love pedestal cake plates and this one is gorgeous! What finds, you most certainly scored, the lil'bird is so cute, I love your vignette and of course, the Noritake plates. You had a great day.
    Hope you pass by!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely visit and comment. Yes, they had a blast!
    XO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same little dish from CB! I think your cake plate is wonderful...the pattern is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your vignette!I love your cake stand.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgous cake stand! You found such wonderful treasures and your birds are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your pretties! That cake stand - gorgeous! My mother gave me one for Christmas and I love it.
    Thank you for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy
    Your pedestal stand is quite lovely :o) and I think the little bird on the egg is too cute! Lovelty Spring vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Spring vignette. I love the little bird under the cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and I would be dangerous together--I might have to knock you over for some things ;)
    But I'm SO nice, I would help you back up after I put the item in MY cart.
    You are a most excellent thrifter, my friend!
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent Goodwill finds! You have displayed your items so well! Have a great day... dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy, your footed dish is lovely. You will be able to use this in so many ways.

    Love all your delightful pictures.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cake plate is gorgeous! What a wonderful find that is! Love it witht he cloche and the bird! So cute. Thanks for joining JFF this week! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kind of shopping! I love your pedestal and your cute little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You found some wonderful things...I love shopping at the Goodwill stores....I have been finding some neat items for my country cottage decor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen