Skip to main content

Tour the Sun Room

I'm not as good as you folks are at decorating with white, but I'm trying to do more of it.  I look at all your wonderful blogs in amazement.  This past weekend, I decided to play with a few items and see what it would look like, so I started in the sun room because the furniture I have in there is all white.

Join me on a tour of the room.

I spray painted this little vintage table a couple of weeks ago. using  plain white paint from Wal Mart for $.99.  I then just scuffed it in a few places with a 3M sanding sponge.  I really like it but I may change it some before too long.
 Notice the runner on the table.  I found it while unpacking some of my MIL's things over the weekend.  It has a girl in a sun bonnet crocheted on each end.  I'll do a close up of it in a future post.  It is so pretty and must be quite old as it has several small holes in it.  The cloche display is made from a little plate I bought for a few cents at the Habitat Restore.





This lamp is from Kirklands a number of years ago.  I brought it from the guest room and tied a piece of burlap on the finial.




I found these bowls in my MILs items.  They are very old and have scratches from being used so much.  I love the creamy color they have taken on.

I have the table set with some old "everyday" dishes that belonged to my husband.  Notice the markings on these glasses.  I found four of these, again in my MIL's items.  I'm enjoying  using her items in my decor.  You'll notice I have to add a little color to the table.  The napkins are from Target several years ago on clearance,  Shabby Chic.  The little cupid in the shell is a Kirkland's find and has been used a lot. In this photo, the bowls look creamy pink.


This little planter is a replica of a garden gate.  I bought it a long time ago at a store called Grand Harbor that has since gone out of business.  I loved to shop there.  The little garden fairy is from Kirklands.


Of course I can't omit the little dish cabinet that I recently put chicken wire in.  I absolutely love it.  The canister set on the top is a thrift store find for $15.00.  It has little bumble bees on the containers and a honeycomb texture.  So cute!

I'll save the rest of the tour for another post.  I hope you've enjoyed going through the sun room with me, and will join me at the following parties.

Faded Charm Party for White Wednesday,  and at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  Stop by these fabulous parties and link up to see some beautiful decor. While I'm partying, I'm joining in with Kim for Wow Us Wednesdays at http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Your sun room is just that, filled with sunlight :o)
    I love your vintage table and the delightful vignette you have made on it. I think it's lovely that you are using your MIL's things Kathy, I think that family pieces are true treasures. The little cherub in the cloche is so prettily displayed. Your ewer and bowl look like they're real vintage ones, and I love the little bunny just peeking out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed seeing your cheery sun room!
    I love your little white table and vingette. I'm amazed that something as simple as adding a burlap ribbon to the lamp finial, can make it so pretty.

    You have lots of priceless treasures.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing what a beautiful space you have and I love the chicken wire on the hutch!
    Happy white Wednesday!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunroom is so quaint and pretty!!! I love everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sunroom! I bet you really enjoy being out there, especially with your view, wow!

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful room for sure. Your dishes are lovely. I love the stories that old ones tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sun room is very charming. I love all the cherubs....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love how you fixed up your cloche. The chicken wire on the cabinet is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a great job with all the creams and whites. I agree, there's lots of pretty white rooms in blog land and I can't seem to pull it off, more of an "earth tones" girl :)

    I really like the hutch with the chicken wire and the great bee vases on top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say that you have this white on white thing down to an art form. Everything looks lovely. Aren't family treasures always the very best! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the tour, Kathy! It's wonderful that you have so many pretty things from your MIL -- I know she'd be pleased to see you enjoying them. I definitely enjoy using things from my MIL, too. Thanks for commenting on my table this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you did a fantastic job decorating with the whites, lights & creams. Those things from your MIL must be such treasures. I'm a new follower.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed this tour so much! That cabinet is adorable! I love it!! And the canister set is precious too. Wow! You really got a steal on that.
    Thanks for visiting me. So nice to catch up with you. I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone. Sometimes it's hit and miss since I've started back to work.
    Hope you have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous table setting! I love the tablecloth.

    Please stop by and visit the linky party I am hosting. There are prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! I love what you have done with your sun room.I am your newest follower. I came via BNOTP today. I have started a new blog. Come visit me and follow me (I only have 3 followers!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello fellow Georgian! Thanks for stopping by light of the home. I look forward to getting to know you. Nice sun room! I know you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen