Skip to main content

Cockadoodle doo


Friday was a good day.  I went to Sweet Tea my new favorite consignment
shop.  There he was standing on a table near the window, this handsome fellow!  And, he's a lamp!  Joy, Joy!

I looked at him for a while and walked away.  Looked through the entire store, then went back to look at him again.  He was priced at $19.95.  You know what I did next.....I stood there thinking about it, I don't really need another lamp, I thought.  But there was just something about his stature, the set of his head, then there was that shade......

 Toile.  But I'm still thinking, I really don't need anything else for the house.  It's bursting at the seams already.  "Walk away"  kept ringing in my ears.  I tried, I really did. But alas, I could not leave this handsome fellow.  So, he came home with me and here he is in all his glory!  Isn't he a handsome dude?

 I knew I wanted him in the breakfast nook. So I placed him there and then played with other rooster's until I got the look I wanted.
 Looks pretty, but not quite right.
 So I moved the green hen near him because the color matches so well with the mat and frame on the pictures above the pie safe.
 Yes, this is good!
 Looks good from all angles.  He's a keeper.  In fact I don't know what I did without him!  :)
 While I was having so much fun, I set up a new vignette on my kitchen counter.  Thinking about Thanksgiving.


I'm linking to Marty at A Stroll thru Life for Table Top Tuesday.  Come over and have a look at all the fabulous decor.

Comments

  1. Love your new rooster lamp! You have found the perfect spot for him too. It really looks great there on your cabinet in between the two apple prints. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love all of your roosters. They are just fabulous grouped together. Such a wonderful display with your fabulous cloche also. Beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't blame you for buying that super lamp! It looks lovely in your breakfast nook surounded with his friends :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, what a wonderful rooster lamp and you've set a great display up! Just lovely.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness u did not pass up the rooster lamp! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cute rooster story reminds me of my own. I found one at Home Goods a few years back, Didn't buy it but it stayed on my mind. Next I told my daughter how good it would look in her kitchen. She didn't buy it either. Well, I got that rooster when I went back! When my daughter saw it later she said, "I love that rooster lamp." and I reminded her that I had tried to tell her how cute it was.I have enjoyed it for many years and recently changed the shade. It's new all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! It's me again :o)
    Please pop over to my blog - there's an Award waiting for you.....
    http://secondhrose.blogspot.com/

    Rose H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and feedback. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you visited, and I will visit you and leave you a comment in return! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen