Skip to main content

Bar Stools Makeover

I'm still receiving therapy by keeping my hands busy, plus today I ran quite a few errands.  It's been a crying day for me today.  Just so much to worry about.  It seems like sometimes everything is just messed up, and there's nothing we can do to fix any of it.  

Night before last, I painted the bar stools.  I've had them since 2000, and they were nice, but I was just in the mood to paint them!!  The form of the stools had a textured bronze color, the seats were beige with the fleur de lis design, and the wood across the back was brown.  Well, needless to say, they got their own coat of chalk paint in white, the seats covered in blue and white, and the boards across the back are blue.  I have the fabric to make matching placemats and napkins, but today was not the day to try to sew, for me.  I'm just too nervous.  In fact, I didn't do anything creative today except switch out the curtains in the powder room that I only made and put in there last week.  They made the room seem too dark, so I went back to a floral on a white background for that window.

I did have one spot of FUN!  I went up and ate my breakfast with my granddaughter, Rheagan, then we played hide and seek.  Her dog, Max would follow me and sit and point his nose right toward me, but he wouldn't help me find Rheagan.  We did have fun.  Their home has sooooooo many hiding places.

Back to the bar stools, 



Here, I had covered the seat and painted the wood across the back. But I didn't like how they looked.


I like them better painted white, and since I plan to have my cabinets painted white, they will look logs better, and if not, they are a really easy change.


Some placemats and napkins to match the seats will be forthcoming when I feel like draggig out the sewing machine.

Faith for today:  From the end of the earth, I call to you, when my heart is faint.  Lex me to the rock that is higher than I.
Psalm: 61:2

Sharing at these link parties.
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather @ Shabby Art Boutique


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linens & Things

I love finding tablecloths, runners, napkins, and other linens when I am out thrifting. Whether it be at consignment shops, GW, or yard sales, I will usually snap up a pretty linen if it doesn't have a lot of stains.  I will show you some of my favorites. I found several pieces embroideried with this design at a favorite consignment shop. This blue runner (reversible to stripes), found on consignment. This is one of the nicer quality tablecloths I have found, $4.00 at a thrift store. This cloth was around $10.00 on consignment. This runner is also reversible to polka dots, and was a consignment find. This pink and white gingham is perfect in the sun room, and is a consignment find also. This is the most valuable table cloth I have found, and it was $2.00 at a nearby yard sale.  It is a vintage Wielunder.  They sell on ebay for 30 - 90 dollars.  Mine is in pristine condition! Christmas tablecloth, consignment sale.   Consignmen

Trash to Treasure

We had noticed this "jar" sitting near a trash pile, and my husband decided to see what it was.  It was full of dirt, and covered in grime.  After soaking it a while, it looked much better. The shape and color is very nice. At first I thought it might be a globe for a lamp or some type of candle holder. The bottom has an opening, and no markings. Do you know what it might be? This is how I'm using it. It's made of thick bubbled glass. Any guesses?? Know what this was in its former life?   It makes a wonderful vase for faux flowers! It's a vintage fly /wasp trap!!   Once yucky, now pretty!!! Joining: Wow Us Wednesday Home and Garden Thursday Share Your Cup Thursday Thursday Favorite Things   Feathered Nest Friday Be Inspired Frugal Friday @  Shabby Nest Home Sweet Home @  The Charm of Home Thrifty Things Friday @   The Thrifty Groove Junk Party @ Funky Junk Interiors

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after". Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers .   These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it. China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs. More china . This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters. They can all be seen